Follow school rules when visiting to ensure safety, maintain a peaceful learning environment, and demonstrate respect for the school community. This sets a good example for students and reinforces the importance of following rules in all aspects of life.
General School Etqiuette Tips
- Check-in at the front office and follow school security protocols.
- Follow school rules and regulations, including dress codes and environmental initiatives.
- Be respectful and courteous to staff and students, and avoid behavior that could be perceived as insensitive or disrespectful.
- Be punctual and avoid disrupting classroom activities, and be mindful of traffic safety rules.
- Wear your formal Transit Operator uniform for every school visit.
- Do not take photos of any children on your personal device under any circumstances. If a teacher asks you to do so for them on their device, that is acceptable.
- If you have any questions or concerns during your visit, ask a staff member for assistance.
Classroom Etiquette Tips
- Introduce yourself to the teacher and any other staff present, and thank them for the opportunity to present.
- Familiarize yourself with any relevant classroom rules or guidelines in advance.
- Be punctual and try to arrive at least 5 minutes before your scheduled presentation time.
- Respect the teacher’s authority and thank the students and teacher for their time.
Hallway Etiquette Tips
Here are some things to remember while waiting in a hallway of a school:
- Be quiet and respectful of nearby classrooms, and avoid using electronic devices.
- Respect the privacy and personal space of students and staff.
- Follow posted signs and directions, and report any safety concerns to school staff.