Halloween is a fun and exciting night for kids in BC! Treats, tricks, costumes, candy and spooky things await you while trick-or-treating with friends and family. You can make it an even greater night by having fun AND staying safe this Halloween.
Here are some safety tips for staying safe on Halloween night:
1. The bus is a safe place to go if you get lost or separated from your trick-or-treating group. Talk to the bus driver and tell them you are lost. They will be happy to help you!
2. If you are a younger goblin, ghost or ghoul, bring an adult with you while you trick-or-treat.
3. Costumes with full-face masks or hoods that cover your eyes can make it hard to see. Be smart and choose eye-safe facepaint instead!
4. Please NEVER dart across the street in the dark, even if all your friends are doing it! Always stop at the curb, look both ways, and listen for cars or trucks coming before you cross the street.
5. Always cross at crosswalks and intersections using the crosswalk light.
6. It is important to be seen, so carry a flashlight or glow sticks with you. Even better, use LED lights or stick reflective stickers on to your costume!